The combination of a short compact outline, distinct channel bottom and thick profile makes it a platform for entry-level learning to foil up to the world’s most progressive riders. Numerous test trips to Bali, Phuket, and continued testing in Hawaii have formed a range that excels in all types of conditions including flat-water pump foiling, wave riding and downwind racing.
KEY FEATURES: THE BOXY RAIL
Maximize the volume of the outline, thus creating the essential floatation and stability when paddling a shorter board.
THE STRAIGHT OUTLINE
Optimizes the volume and stability to ride a shortboard that is compact and easy to control when flying.
WIDE NOSE AND TAIL
Provides stability when paddling. The wide tail gives a solid platform to push down to lift up the board, while the wider nose helps release easily and lift on touch downs.
Reduces the nose sticking and subsequent speed loss when touching down after flying. It also helps break the surface tension for faster release and lift.
RECESSED DECK PAD AREA
Lowers the center of gravity for extra stability and control to slightly wedge your feet against the rails.
Provides stability similar to a trimaran. It also increases the tracking and control which is crucial when paddling shorter boards. – The channels help reduce the wetted surface area to maintain speed on touchdowns and releases earlier when getting up.
CHAMFERED RAIL Widens towards the nose to limit the rail touching when turning and reduces surface tension, while the tail feeds into a sharp edge for extra stability and release.
SHARP CHANNEL EDGE Gives a clean release point so the tail doesn’t drag.
ROUND TAIL KICK Helps leverage the nose to release and pop up quickly.
EXTENDED EVA PAD – Raised EVA pad on top of the foil box helps identify the standing area without having to look down. – Gives a solid grip when paddling into waves and when trimming the board.
EVA CENTER RIDGE
Makes it easy to feel and identify the middle of the board to stay centered and balanced.
FOIL BOX POSITION
Is optimized for downwind, pump foiling and wave riding. Both Tuttle box and Plate options allow universal foil mounts on every model. *US Box running change from 8″ to 10″ 2
CONSTRUCTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM BLUE CARBON TECHNOLOGY
– Lightest weight, Best response, Strongest build
– Full wrap of Armacell foam made of recycled plastic bottles for incredible impact resistance and fatigue strength.
– Natural uni-directional flax sourced from Europe wraps the full rails stiffens the board and avoids total breakage.
– Multiple reinforcements in the standing area, nose and tail increase impact resistance.
EXPLORE BLUE CARBON TECHNOLOGY:
– Scratch proof Parabolic Carbon Innegra rail.
– A combination of different fiberglass densities wrap the entire hull for strength and durability.
– Australian pine on standing area for extra impact resistance and rigidity.
EXPLORE STARLITE TECHNOLOGY: https://sup.star-board.com/products/s…