“The best videos of SUP surfing from 2018 so far. Thanks to the SUP surfer out there, you’re all awesome!!! Stand up paddle surfing and stand up paddle boarding (SUP) is an offshoot of surfing that originated in Hawaii. Unlike traditional surfing where the rider sits until a wave comes, stand up paddle boarders stand on their boards and use a paddle to propel themselves through the water. The sport was documented in a 2013 report that identified it as the outdoor sporting activity with the most first-time participants in the United States that year. Variations include flat water paddling for outdoor recreation, fitness, or sightseeing, racing on lakes, large rivers and canals, surfing on ocean waves, paddling in river rapids (whitewater SUP), Paddle board yoga and even fishing.”
For more information about video and audio:
1. Bernd Roediger Fall 2016: “I’ve been enjoying home so much, riding any board I can get my hands on! Collecting clips is easiest when you’re having fun, when you’re not focusing on the particulars, but harnessing the full scope of life! This is a farewell to 2016, thank you all for an amazing year of support!
2. Island Hopping Pt. 1: I love Hawaii! Ok, not that original of a statement, but the truth nonetheless. Sometimes it’s hard to appreciate just how cool it is to live here! I get to share my favorite place in the world with my favorite people in the world! Fiona Wylde, Kai Bates, Toby Cracknel, l Giorgio Gomez, James Casey, and Jacy Shimahara | if you love watching all these amazing humans shred as much as I do, watch this film! Forrest Ladkin coming through a silky edit •Island Hopping Pt. 1•
3. James Casey SUP- Sunset 2016: El Nino 2016 was a special time. James Casey managed to spend a few weeks over in Hawaii around the Stand Up World Tour’s Sunset Beach Pro and scored some great waves.
4. Atlantis Mano surf SUP ft Jarrad Batza: Jason (AKA Aquaman) has tapped into his prominent Hawaiian heritage and named this extravagant board after the Hawaiian word for shark “Mano”. Jason’s trademark Mano Tattoos had a huge influence in the final design concepts for his board. This is by far the most intricate board design we have ever been challenged with and the results are astounding.
5. Cristi Stand Up Paddle Surfing Sri Lanka: Cristi goes on a SUP mission through Sri Lanka to surf some warm clean perfection and have some unique elephant encounters.”
Via Fiona Lee